Sunday, May 29, 2005

Co-missions LBC, and moving on....

Co-missions LBC, and moving on....

[ale]

SO here's another commision i di for a guy back at Wiz LA. I think the characters name is IVY? She's from a video game so I hear. She was a fun character to draw! No d-zout!

Also as a little Sunday news... It would seem that it's been discovered that I'm no longer drawing Batgirl. Mewwww, I know. But fear not for I have found a new job! I am giving my lifelong dream of working at Target a shot!!! I just love red shirts and khaki pants!

No, but seriously. I wasn't planning on saying anything for awhile but the new artist, Pop Mhan announced it on his website and kinda outed me, doh! As to the reason for leaving? Well, I just wanted to be fair with the title. My schedule over the past few months has become a little more crazy, no d-zout! And the rigors of a monthly title just became too much.

I do however have some new projects in the works. And with them, time! I'm really hoping to go fer all the marbles over the next couple years! Can't say much about it other than it will be wicked awesome! No d-zout! So keep you're eyes peeled kiddies, I really think you'll all dig the new digs! No d-zout!

-a
"dance rummy!" PSHOO!PSHOO!

7 comments:

Gabe_Eltaeb said...

Ale,

Man, that's too bad. I really like your stuff on Batgirl. Your art is the only reason I really buy Batgirl.

I hope you get back in the limelight soon weather it be on a monthly or doing a few mini series a year.

You rock
-Gabe

"No d-zout" PSHOO!PSHOO!

Unknown said...

that's sad news!

hope we can get you in WW soon!

mic? said...

That sucks monkey juevos. :T Looks like I'm droppin' Batgirl. lol... good luck w/ yo' future projects, Ale. Lookin' 4ward to them. What Batgirl issue is yo' last one?

Peace...

mic? said...

Props for the heads up, good sir! Congratulations!! Excited for you 1nce again! Can't wait to add this upcomin' project to my pull list. Please continue to let us know of any in-between projects you may have so we can try to support that as well.

Peace...

mic? said...

lol! Fa' sho', fa' sho'. Time to get crackin' on this clam-bake. :D

Peace...

DADICUS said...

Hey man I'm sure this must be a downer' and I hope you don't feel like you let any of the readers down, because your issues were really good and I'm glad I got them. I hope to see some pics of you're new project soon and hope you know that the readers will go with you . I only ever bought the book because you were doing it, and now I'll buy the new one you do because you are doing it! It's like a built in buyers market!

Ryan said...

Well now...that is disappointing news. I started to pick up Batgirl around the four issue arc between it & Robin. I continued to pick it up because of your artwork. So far, I've been interested in how the character is being written, although her development has been rather slow. I'm not a huge fan of Pop Mhan's work, so the math is pretty simple: slow development + loss of artist + new artist I'm not a fan of = Batgirl being dropped from my pulls as of #68.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you're either going to be working on a Powergirl or Donna Troy book. And since it's a writer you've been associated with, I'm also going to guess it's one of Allen Warner or Judd Winick. Either way, right or wrong, I wish you the best of luck on whatever your next project will be...and I will be eagerly awaiting it.

Ryan