Tuesday, July 05, 2005

been a long time been a long time...

(entry: Carlitos)

...wheew, maaan!!! it feels like it's been forever since I've posted on here ...although it kinda ' has hasn't it? time moves waaaaay to quick!!! Honestly though, this is the first time I have had a 'solid' break in some time, and it feels GOOOOOD!!! :)

My duties with the OUTSIDERS are now over and it has given me some time to organize and design the "PH4 2005" sketchbook, and also work a little on some of my own ideas.

For a while there, during the monthly grind, I really wanted to post something, but by the time I was done penciling and inking a page, my brain was soooo fried I just wanted to sleep, or kill brain cells watching TV (I don't know how Alé and Jim do it), but I am back, and I have found some new stuff that I can post on here (^_^)

I gotta' say, the PH4 sketchbook came out much better than last years' ...don't get me wrong, I am still proud of last years, but we all had a much better idea (and a little more experience) with what to do on this one. Everybody's sections are longer, and more thought out, so there's a pretty good variety of stuff in there...can't wait to see it printed :)

...and this here are some doodles I decided not to use in my section. I did these a while back. I was still designing the way I wanted BRASS to look in my series, so it's been about four or five years? crap...see what I mean about time ?!?

2 comments:

Gabe_Eltaeb said...

Carlos,

Hey man great work on Outsiders. I have followed your carrer since 1998 (Resident Evil days.) I met you in 1998 at the studio and you gave me a tour. Not sure if you remember me.

What will you be working on next? I can't wait to see it.

I'll see you at Comic con!

-Gabe

mic? said...

Awww... dude! That sucks! I mean the fact that you're done w/ The Outsiders... the sketch looks dope! This is all news to me. Why hasn't this made Newsarama?? Just when I wanted to give you maaad props for the AMAZIN' work on issue 25. You drew the Outsiders AND the Titans AND 2 of DC's best villains. The ish was bananas! b-a-n-a-anas...

uh... sorry, dude. MTV & VH1 programmed that damn song in my brain. Anyway... yeah, so you're easily my favorite Outsiders artist and yo' work on the title will be sorely missed. What's yo' last issue, sir?

Peace...