Monday, July 25, 2005

...by Crom!!!


... by Crom!!!
Originally uploaded by Gelatomettista2.
(entry: Carlitos)

...this little thang' here I did just for fun while I had a bit of free time during my stint on OUTSIDERS. I can't remember why I decided to try doing a CONAN piece...maybe I had seen the movie recently? (the first movie still holds up pretty damn well)...kinda' makes me want to try a THOR piece next! and NOT the Marvel THOR, just THOR!!!

...when I was a kid, I didn't really grow up on too much STAR WARS (although I did see all the movies), I was always more of a MAD MAX and CONAN kid ... I guess I always liked the whole 'apocalyptic' take on stories (being raised Catholic!), even CONAN's mythology had that 'feel' to it...you know, almost as if it were the end of the 'Hyperborean' age, and myths and magic where about to give way to the 'dark ages,' civilizations lost and all that.

I still remember my Mom reading to me from these GREAT books called "Heroes and Legends," and being exposed for the first time to THOR, ULYSSES, KING ARTHUR, BEOWULF, ROBIN HOOD, ATLANTIS, you name it, I guess after that, it was just a natural progression to find Spider-Man, Batman, and so many other 'new myths' in comics (^_^)

...in hindsight, I kinda' regret having sold this at the COMICON...then again, I can always draw myself a new one. :)

peace,

Carlos

3 comments:

Grant Gould said...

Awesome Conan pic, man @.@ I'm a huge Conan geek too. Love the first movie.

How much did you end up sellin' that for?

Jason said...

Wow! The Conan piece looks awesome.

mic? said...

Tight throwback! Yeah... I was into more the mythic/magical type flicks than the spacey-themed ones, too.

Peace...