Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Girls, Girls, Girls!

[Lopez]

Hello everyone, hope everyone is gearing up for nycc. I'm really looking forward to it, because I hear it's a great show.

Anyhow, I was doing free head sketches with the purchase of a sketchbook and I did a Black Cat for someone. He liked it so much he asked me to just draw him 10 more head sketches!

I thought okay ten heads, sounds interesting. At first, I was just going to draw the heads floating around on the board, but changed it to put them in panels like a comic page to give each one it's own little personality. Much cooler than floating heads, right?

Anyhow, I think overall it came out cool enough to do one with the ladies of Marvel comics. Maybe.

Til next time, Mike.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I'd love to see the ladies of Marvel done in the same style.

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome!

Unknown said...

wow! fantastic work. how can i get my hands on a similar piece?

Michael said...

thanks for the comments guys, and gals. This was a lot of fun.

Jeff Kraschinski said...

Love it love it love it...

Anonymous said...

Great work Mike, as usual. Any word on my commission?

mic? said...

Those are some great heads! Did you reproduce the bullet logo by hand or digitally?

Peace.

Carlos said...

Mike Lopez,

WOW - dude, I thought you did a great job with the Mary Jane & Peter piece, but this is AWESOME!

I'll be at NYCC all 3 days, do you know what table# you'll be at? It'll make it easier to find you. If this is your first NYCC, your in for a treat, it is an unbelievable show - tons of people.

In any case - let everyone know what you'll be charging for commissions as I'm interested.

If you'd rather send me a private message -you can e-mail me at Lobezno1@aol.com.

Thanks again